Tel. 01202 788271
Please ring through to speak to a Beach Weddings Bournemouth Crew member to discuss bookings or for any further information.
Alternatively visit their website – Click here
Beach Weddings Bournemouth
Foot of the West Cliff Lift
8 Clement Mews
The Old Coach House
5 RL Stevenson Avenue
Bournemouth BH4 8AU
Gary Trotman (We bring the Caribbean to you)
Picture the most relaxed, romantic setting you can imagine. There’s a very good chance it’s a beach—a tropical shoreline framed by lush palm trees or a rocky coast where foaming waves rush to meet dramatic jetties. If you think this is paradise, why not get married here?
Timing and Weather
While no one can guarantee a beautiful day, you can increase your chances for sunny skies by researching your site’s seasonal patterns before booking a date (contact the town’s chamber of commerce or log on theweatherchannel.com). If possible, pick a month when the weather is most consistently temperate.
Find out about other weather-driven factors, such as how windy the beach gets at different times of the day; you can then plan accordingly (for example, using decorative mesh screens behind you during the vow exchange to shield everyone from overzealous breezes).
Let guests know the wedding will be right on the beach so they can dress appropriately. Word your invitation accordingly, with a phrase like “beachside ceremony” or “ceremony on the sand.” High heels and a heavy, elaborate gown with a long train will look stiff and formal; instead, consider marrying in a gown of a simpler design made of an airy, lightweight fabric like organza, chiffon, charmeuse, or crepe (avoid silk, which can make you perspire).
Access to the beach
Beach Weddings Bournemouth
“The most relaxed and chilled out wedding you will ever go to…”
Beach Weddings Bournemouth is the newest and most exciting wedding and event venue which Bournemouth has ever seen
Being married on Bournemouth Beach is completely unique. This is the first time in England and Wales that a couple can have their legal wedding or civil partnership ceremony right on the beach
Drinks and canapé receptions after your wedding can also be arranged – you never need worry about changing weather conditions – we are well prepared and think of everything
We can arrange as big or small a marquee as you need according to your guest numbers – everything from a cocktail or champagne drinks reception after the ceremony followed by a relaxed wedding breakfast in one of our beautiful marquees including a beach BBQs, freshly cooked fish & chips, buffet with local fish and meats and homemade afternoon tea
We can tailor the whole event to your exact needs – our venue is relaxed, fun and all about you
The possibilities to style and personalise your wedding or event are endless. View our brochure now.
The venue was started by Melanie Kiani, local wedding and event planner and owner of Bellissimo Weddings, in 2011. Melanie had a vision of bringing a unique venue to Bournemouth with a very relaxed and fun atmosphere without clients missing out on great food, good wine and amazing service – things that Melanie is truly passionate about! As of March 2014 Melanie was appointed as a Regional Ambassador (RA) of the UK Alliance of Wedding Planners which aims to promote professionalism in the wedding planning industry and is looking forward to assisting in training and developing the UK wedding industry, so you can be assured you are in the hands of true professionals.
Melanie is backed up by an amazing team – Assistant Planner Lara Taylor and Events Assistants Celeste together with an amazing beach crew during the summer season- you won’t find a friendlier bunch! The BWB team will be on hand throughout your booking to help you with questions and guide you along the way and will there on the day to meet and greet your guests, pinning on those last minute buttonholes and calming the nerves, ensure your ceremony goes through without a hitch and then will be around all day to serve your guests will drinks and set up the main marquee from ceremony layout to dining layout. They even pack up things you need to take away with you when you go!
At our weddings you will enjoy the fabulous food and service from Matt Cook of Fish Face and his front of house team. Fish Face are our sole resident caterers offering you the best local produce this Dorset has to offer and homemade food with a true beach style. Its amazing what they can put together in a beach kitchen! They are here to serve you with a friendly smile and full of beach flair!
- A beach wedding can be much cheaper than a traditional wedding. Who in this day and age can’t afford to save money? It is said that the average budget for a wedding these days is between £15,000 to £40,000! That is an enormous and unnecessary financial burden to be faced with! Don’t start off married life enslaved by your wedding day debts. If you have that kind of money to spend, fine, but if not, don’t go there! Be practical and remember, the day is what you, your loved ones and your friends make of it…not how much you spent on it!
- A beach wedding can be a casual affair. It allows everyone to relax. Your guests can dress comfortably and affordably. Often brides-to-be are unaware of the financial strain they place on their wedding attendants and guests. Not everyone can afford to buy that wedding outfit.
- The wedding ceremony and reception can all be held right there on the beach. No need to travel to different locations. This is very convenient for everyone. Hey, even the kids can have fun at a beach wedding!
- A beach wedding allows you to involve everyone in the activities. Guests are not restricted to sitting quietly in their seats. They can actually be a part of the celebration!
- Beach weddings don’t always require a permit. If you are having a small ceremony and do not require a section of the beach to be blocked off…just do it! Simple yet lovely!
- A beach wedding is a modern and refreshing change from the “stodgy” traditional wedding. It allows your creativity and personality to shine through
- There is no “right” or “wrong way” to plan a beach front wedding. It can be large, small, romantic, whimsical or even downright goofy! You can pay big bucks and hire everything out, or, you can be cheap and make everything yourself. The choice is completely yours!
- The most important thing to remember when planning a beach wedding is that “Mother Nature” rules! Depending on her mood, she can brighten your day or rain on your parade! When planning your celebration, be sure to plan an “alternate location” should the old girl be cranky that day!
- The beach is usually a bit breezy so take that into consideration when picking your location. Try to choose a”cove” on the beach that is protected from direct winds.
- Be sure to check with local authorities regarding any permits needed to use the beach. This should only be necessary if you are having a large gathering and you want to block off a portion of the beach exclusively for you and your guests. Ask to be sure though.
- Check on the “Beach Rules”. Ask questions. Can you have candles on the beach? Can you play music into the night? How late can you stay? Is there an area nearby for open fires should you choose to barbeque?
- Speaking of food…don’t forget about the seagulls! They are notorious beggars and thieves. You can expect them to attend your beach wedding, uninvited! As long as you keep food covered and don’t feed them, they will stay on the sidelines.
- Remember the tides. You definitely do not want to be surprised by the quick and unanticipated arrival of high tide!
- On the beach, there will be bugs and sunshine! Make sure you consider the comfort of your guests. Bring sunscreen and insect repellant for those who did not remember to bring their own.
- Chairs may sink in the sand if you do not rent flooring to place under them. However, if you are planning a “beach blanket” reception, you will not need chairs. Remember your elderly guests though. Plan for their safety and comfort. You will need to provide them with chairs and beach umbrellas to protect them from the elements.
Beach weddings are absolutely beautiful but nature does provide an element of uncertainty. Careful planning on your part will eliminate most of them. Just remember…
If every hair is not in place due to the ocean breezes or a seagull drops off his “wedding gift” a little to close to the punch bowl… These are not flaws or imperfections in your day. They are “memories”! Cherish them and have fun!