The Kings Hotel in Stokenchurch Wedding venue
Stokenchurch – High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire – HP14 3TA
The Kings Hotel in Stokenchurch, High Wycombe is a privately owned and passionately run hotel.
The Kings Hotel is your ideal choice for accommodation in the High Wycombe area. As well as offering the ultimate in comfort, cuisine and leisure, The Kings Hotel provides the perfect venue for your next conference, meeting, wedding or special occasion.
Conveniently located near to Marlow, Thame, Aylesbury and Henley this makes The Kings Hotel your ideal base for such events as The Henley Royal Regatta and Royal Ascot. Group bookings are also welcomed.
Choose The Kings Hotel for your wedding venue in High Wycombe.
- Fully licensed for Civil Wedding ceremonies
- Beautifully decorated function rooms and reception areas
- Picturesque village green setting ideal for wedding photos
- Bespoke wedding packages tailored to your individual tastes and budget
- Complimentary bedroom and menu tasting for all Bride & Grooms
- Special accommodation rates for Wedding guests
- Dedicated host to look after you on your special day
- Private bar with late license Fridays and Saturdays
- Exquisite Champagnes and specially selected wines from around the world
The Kings Arms Hotel began life as the George, a 16th Century coaching inn.
Later called The George & Dragon, the inn stood on a rough track which Dick Turpin & Jack Shrimpton are believed to have frequented. Coaches would have broken their journeys for fresh horses and refreshments for the passengers.
In March 1660 King Charles II came to Stokenchuch, stopping at The George with both Queen Catherine and his paramour, Nell Gwynn. Charles thought the inn unfit for his Queen, who was accommodated in a tent on the common: he had no such qualms about Nell, and took her with him to the George.
Henceforth, the Inn was known as The Kings Arms and is now known affectionately as “The Kings”