The Hercules DjControlWave is the Steelasophical Caribbean Dj Controller of choice, running the industry standard software Virtual DJ Pro, Sorato and DJUCEDTM 40°
The DJControlWave is an iPad controller built on Bluetooth 3.0 technology. It has two jogwheels with metal plated tops, channel and crossfaders, EQs and your usual array of buttons. There are also two knobs for basic loop control, and a large master knob to control your volume. What looks interesting is the surface above the mixer controls, which gives the controller that wave-like contour: It serves as an angled stand for your iPad, offering an elegant performance solution during gigs.
Bluetooth means you can get away from the DJ booth and onto the dancefloor as far as 10 metres away, however the DJControlWave is strictly a controller, meaning there’s no sound card built in. You’d have to use your iPad’s headphone out socket as an output, so technically your iPad’s still connected to your sound system unless you’re using Bluetooth speakers (the WAE NEO seems to be an ideal companion). Moreover, this means that you’d have to use the supplied splitter cable if you want to preview tracks in your headphones as opposed to connecting your cans to the DJControlWave, which might seem to be a step back for some.
The DJControlWave runs on an iPad-specific port of Hercules’ own DJ software DJUCED, which is included upon purchase of the unit. You can also use it with DJUCED 40° software on your Mac or PC, which is also included.
Hercules debuted two new DJ-focused products at this year’s CES: The DJControlWave, a wireless controller aimed specifically at iPad DJs, and the WAE NEO, which is a Bluetooth speaker. While some readers may find it hard to be excited about an iPad controller, or maybe more so yet another consumer grade wireless speaker, both are actually 2014 CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards honorees.
Control your iPad® wirelessly
- Built-in Bluetooth® 3.0 wireless technology
- Ultra-fast connection, with no wires between the controller and the iPad®
- Move your iPad® up to 10 meters away from the controller
No need to constantly stay connected to a power source
- Built-in rechargeable battery for 8 hours of continuous use on a full charge!
Just pair and mix: intuitive DJing right at your fingertips
- Mixer controls for 2 separate decks
- 20 control buttons including Play/Pause, Cue, Sync and more
- 5 faders for volume, pitch and crossfading
- 6 rotary potentiometers for EQ controls
- 2 rotary encoders for simple control of loops: push to enable/disable a loop, and turn to adjust the loop’s size
- 2 jog wheels with capacitive touch detection
- 1 large knob for easy master volume control
- Included splitter cable lets you preview upcoming tracks on your headphones
A wave of elegance
- Slim design
- Controller features a glossy black top panel, and metal plating on jog wheel tops
- Elegant backlit buttons and knobs show the status of the different controls, and help guide the DJ even in low-light conditions
- Lightweight and easy to transport: carry it in your backpack, to rock great parties anywhere!
- Adjust the iPad® support stand’s angle of inclination for optimal comfort and visibility
- Specially designed to control your iPad® via a Bluetooth® wireless connection
- Custom DJUCEDTM DJW mixing app available for free from the App Store
- Compatible with Mac® and PC via a USB connection
DJUCEDTM 40°mixing software available for free from http://www.djuced.com